The 2022/2023 Payment Plan Fee Waiver is CLOSED.
IMPORTANT: Please ENROLL in the Aetna annual insurance plan before attempting to apply for the Payment Plan for the applicable academic year. The student insurance fee on your account does not confirm your enrollment; you must actively enroll through Rice's Aetna portal and receive enrollment confirmation.
Graduate students enrolled in the student health insurance annual plan are eligible for the Payment Plan Fee Waiver provided they meet the following criteria:
If you are a full-time graduate student who receives a Rice stipend of at least $5,000.00 or more per year and you are enrolled in the annual Aetna student insurance plan for the applicable academic school year, you may be eligible for a payment plan fee waiver.
- The medical insurance premium including dependents, less any insurance subsidy (if eligible), will be spread out through 8 installments (4 each semester).
- The $75 fee will be waived for the student insurance payment plan if approved.
- The first payment deadline will be on September 10, see payment plan dates.
- Each payment will be added to your student account to submit payment through your Esther account.
- If you miss a payment, the payment plan will be cancelled and the remaining overall balance will be due immediately.
The 2022/2023 Payment Plan Fee Waiver application is now closed.
Your Payment Plan Fee Waiver application will go through an audit process to confirm you meet the criteria above. If your application is approved, the payment plan fee of $75 will be waived and your payments will be adjusted to 8 installments. Please note this process can take up to 10 business days.