File a Claim

File a Claim with Aetna:

Contact Aetna
All customer Service inquiries, including provider network questions, should be directed to Aetna Student Health by calling 1-877-375-7908 or emailing Customer Service.

Claim Forms
If the provider does not file the claim directly with Aetna Student Health, then you must file the claim by submitting an Aetna Claim Form and itemized bill immediately after treatment to Aetna. Your name, social security number and school name should be written clearly on all medical bills. Always retain copies for your records.

For prescription drug claims, to receive reimbursement, you will need to submit a claim form and the prescription receipt to Aetna. Fax your completed Aetna Prescription Drug Claim Form and receipts to (888) 472-1128 or mail it to:

Aetna Pharmacy Management
P.O. Box 52444
Phoenix, AZ 85072-2444

Personal Health Information Requests:

Aetna needs your permission to release your personal health information. Print out the PHI Request 67902-5 form and fax it to (860) 907-3017 or mail it to:

Aetna Legal Support Services
151 Farmington Avenue, RT65
Hartford, CT 06156-9998

Aetna needs your permission to release your personal health information with your providers. Print out the PHI Request 67938-5 form and fax it to (859) 455-8650 or mail it to:

Aetna Legal Support Services
PO Box 14079
Lexington, KY 40512-4079

This material is for information only. Health insurance plans contain exclusions, limitations and benefit maximums. The plan will pay benefits in accordance with any applicable state insurance law. If any discrepancy exists between this website and the Master Policy, the Master Policy will govern and control the payment of benefits. Health information programs provide general health information and are not a substitute for diagnosis or treatment by a physician or other health care professionals. Preferred providers are independent contractors and are neither agents nor employees of Aetna Life Insurance Company, Chickering Claims Administrators, Inc., or their affiliates. Aetna does not provide healthcare or guarantee access to health services. Information is believed to be accurate as of the production date; however, it is subject to change. Policy forms issued in OK include: GR-96134.

15.36.480.1 B

How do I file a claim for foreign medical services?

When You Receive Treatment Outside the United States: Most providers outside the United States will not file a medical claim for you. If that's the case, you'll need to pay the provider in full for your treatment and then file a claim with Aetna Student Health.

What you will need to do:

STEP 1 -

Get an itemized medical bill from the provider-in English, if at all possible-before you leave the country you're in. The bill should include:

  • The full name and address of the provider
  • The date that services were provided
  • A detailed listing with separate charges for each service provided
  • A notation that you paid the bill in full (This is very important so that we'll know to send any payment to you, not to the provider.)

STEP 2 -

Send Aetna Student Health the itemized bill, along with the following information:

  • Student's name
  • Patient's name (This is especially important if the patient is the student's spouse or dependent)
  • School name
  • Student's identification number or Social Security number
  • You may write this information right on the bill, if there's space, or attach a separate piece of paper, if necessary.

Mail the bill to:
Aetna Student Health Claims Administrators, Inc.
P. O. BOX 981106
EL PASO TX 79998