8/1/21 – 7/31/22
8/1/21 – 12/31/21
1/1/22 – 7/31/22
If you are a doctoral student that qualifies for the insurance subsidy, please click here to see the updated premium rate after the subsidy is applied.
Student $2,650 $1,109 $1,541 Spouse/DP $2,650 $1,109 $1,541 1 child $2,650 $1,109 $1,541 2 or more children $5,300 $2,218 $3082
Which plan option is right for you?
Annual Plan Option Details:
- Coverage year round: August 1 - July 31
- Coverage will be active, even if you graduate or withdraw from Rice University, as long as you attend classes for the first 31 days after the date when coverage becomes effective
- You will be charged the full premium amount in the Fall term
- If eligible, you are able to elect to have your premium taken out through payroll deduction*
- You do not need to participate in the Spring open enrollment period, unless you wish to add dependent coverage
- You cannot cancel coverage for any reason once enrolled
Fall Only Plan Option Details:
- Coverage dates: August 1 – December 31
- Good option for students that will be graduating at the end of the Fall semester and do not wish to continue their student insurance
- Good for students that will be studying abroad in the Spring term and will have insurance to meet their needs abroad
- Student must submit a waiver during Spring open enrollment period
- You will be able to join the student plan again once you return to the US*
- You must participate in the Spring open enrollment and select to either re-enroll in the plan for the Spring/Summer term OR submit a waiver for the Spring term if you will be attending courses in the Spring
- You are only able to elect Spring/Summer coverage during Spring open enrollment IF you are registered for Spring courses
- If you graduate in the Fall, you are unable to enroll in the Spring/Summer option
- You will only be charged the Fall premium rate in the Fall
- If you re-enroll for the Spring/Summer term, the Spring premium will be added to your tuition bill
- There is no savings involved with enrolling in separate terms.
- The premium amount of Fall only + Spring/Summer coverage = the Annual premium
- Payroll deduction is not an option if you are enrolled in Fall Only coverage
- If you elect Fall Only coverage and do not submit a waiver during the Spring open enrollment, you will be automatically enrolled in the Spring/Summer plan if you are enrolled in courses
- You could have a gap in coverage if you do not elect to enroll yourself in Spring coverage
- You are unable to cancel coverage for any reason once enrolled
Please choose the correct plan option for your needs.
If you have additional questions about the plan options, please email: email@example.com